Wednesday, January 15, 2020

My True North--#tgifc246

When I saw this week's TGIF Challenges sketch challenge, I immediately thought of the Sailing Home stamp set.  Usually, that does not happen.  I like to think about what stamp set I'll use with this kind of challenge.  Even though I had to flip the sketch and move some of the elements around, I stuck with Sailing Home:



I used several products in the Come Sail Away Suite on this card:  Sailing Home stamp set, #149457; Smooth Sailing dies, #149576; High Seas 3D embossing folder, #149577; Come Sail Away designer series paper, #149481; Night of Navy/Sahara Sand baker's twine, #149483; and Sail Away Trinkets, #149482.  Actually, that's the entire suite except for the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack (#149552, which is awesome, by the way).  I added Whisper White thick card stock for the card base, a Silver Foil layer and Night of Navy card stock to complete the card

You can see how I changed up the sketch a bit to fit my stamp set choice.  Challenges are all about inspiration, though, and my card definitely shows the inspiration from this sketch.  See more projects using this sketch over at the TGIF Challenges Blog here.



Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

--Sara Nell
Psalm 27:1

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea to turn the sketch vertical! Love your choices of paper, stamps and elements too! Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Creation Station April Blog Hop—Heat Embossing

  Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for April.  Our theme this month is Heat Embossing.   We’ll be sharing heat embossing techniques ...