Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A Christmas Package--#tgifc242

My daughter and I just came back from our 2019 Mother/Daughter Adventure.  Little grandson, Easton, came along for the fun.  We went to Waco, Texas to visit all of the Magnolia sites, the Waco Mammoth National Monument (I highly recommend it--great guided tour to the dig site), and the Cameron Park Zoo (where Easton got to feed a giraffe and we saw a serious rhino confrontation which included growling and horn clashing).  Needless to day, I came home with some neat Christmas gifts.  I used this week's TGIF sketch challenge as my inspiration for this Christmas package:



I created the gift box with a Crumb Cake card stock bottom and a top out of the Garden Green gingham pattern from the Toile Tidings designer series paper pack (#150432).   The finished size of the box is 4" x 9-1/4" x 1".  The box decorations were all added to a 2-3/4" wide Garden Green card stock belly band.


First, I die cut several pine boughs using the Beautiful Boughs die set (#150661).  They were cut from Garden Green and Granny Apple Green card stock and Gold Foil, then arranged on the belly band.  Next, I die cut the Crumb Cake label using a Stitched Nested Label die (#149638).  I stamped the label with the snow image from the Peaceful Boughs stamp set (#150541) in VersaMark ink and the greeting from the Dashing Deer stamp set (#147728) in Garden Green ink.  I added more die cut boughs and an acorn to this piece.  Two deer from the Dashing Deer stamp set were stamped in Soft Suede on Crumb Cake card stock and die cut using the Detailed Deer dies (#147915).  I sponged  some Champagne Mist shimmer paint (#147044)  on the two deer before adding them to the label. 

I am going to hand the gift to the recipient, so no need for a "from and to" tag.  Maybe she'll recycle the box next year!

This week's sketch is a terrific one for cards, too.  See more entries and the design team's take on this sketch over at the TGIF Challenges blog here.


Hope your Christmas is Merry!--Sara Nell

  





1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous box!!! Love all the layered dies. I feel like I'm looking right into the forest at those peaceful deer.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely & Sweet Smile--#tgifc463

TGIF Challenges ha a great sketch challenge this week and as soon as I saw it, this card came into my head.  This usually never happens, I g...